Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Agape's Attempts  by Agape4Gondor

Ch. 14 - Fatty’s Anguish – A Double Drabble


They would let this happen without telling me! I have always been there for them. They would ask, and I would obey. When they needed someone to watch the road, I was there. When they needed someone to stall the evil at Crickhollow, I was there. I put their safety before my own.

If I had not been coming up the road and seen them in the distance, I would never have known. Rarely do they travel through the woods in the middle of the day, and yet, there they were and not alone! There was Bilbo, Elves. And there were my friends.

And I knew! I knew without a doubt that they were leaving. Again. Leaving without me. Will I be left again to fight the evil that they let into the Shire? Will I again be imprisoned? I could not stand the horror of the Lockholes again, with never enough food, sunshine, nor friend about. Will the evil come back? Will I die here alone?

I will follow them. I will tell them what they are doing to me. I will tell them they are breaking my heart. I will not be left alone again. I will not.

(A/N - Poor Fatty was one of the first Hobbits on record to suffer from Post Traumatic Syndrome!)





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List