Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

The Many Aspects of Merimac Brandybuck  by Lily Dragonquill

Title: Sleep
Rating: G
Summary: On one of their first nights together, Adamanta watches her husband.
Year: 1378

Special thanks to Dreamflower for betaing.


~*~*~



Leaning on her right elbow, Adamanta tilted her head and studied her husband's sleeping form. His bare chest rose with deep, regular breaths. Only one half of his face was illuminated with golden firelight, his dark lashes painting even darker shadows on the flushed cheek. Brown curls were spread about his head, some strands hanging loosely into his eyes.

She would never tire of watching him - the way his lids moved when he was dreaming or how his lips twitched when she trailed a finger along his breastbone. Neither would she ever weary of the feel of his body beside her. His warmth and love made her feel comfortable even in as big a home as Brandy Hall.

A shiver ran down her spine, and she suddenly felt herself craving for his nearness. Carefully she laid her head into the crook of his arm and nestled close. She could hear his heartbeat, feel the gentle rise and fall of his chest. Barely suppressing a contented sigh she closed her eyes. He smelled of hay, weed, sweat and ponies, of summer and something which slowly but without any doubt became home for her.

"Mantha?" He stirred but his voice was so thick with sleep that she doubted he would fully wake.

"I'm here," she murmured and breathed a kiss onto his shoulder. He did not reply, but the muscles of his arm tightened and after another moment's silence, he mumbled some unintelligible words. Adamanta frowned but before she could pull herself up again he put his arm about her and pulled her even closer.

A smile played at the corner of her lips. She would soon get used to being Mrs. Merimac Brandybuck. Merimac would help her by day as much as by night. Placing another kiss on his shoulder, she put her arm about his chest and surrendered to his peace.



~THE END~





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List