Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Tales of Life  by Aelaer

Serious? Bah! I cannot keep serious long.

Also this passed 300 reviews. I could ask for a nicer Christmas present :) I always love reading feedback.


Prompt 62: Celebration
Ficlet: Preparations
Rating: G
Minas Tirith, Fall 10 FA

Aragorn read over the plans with a raised eyebrow. When he was finished with the document he shot his steward a look. "You agree with the master of protocol on these plans?" He handed the document to his wife, who looked it over with Legolas with ill-contained amusement.

"Yes," said Faramir with a light frown. "Is there something more that you require?"

"Something more? No, my dear Faramir, I need not more- I need not any of that."

Faramir frowned. "I am afraid I do not understand."

Aragorn nodded his head to the long document. "That. All of it. It's too much and simply not needed. I would rather have a small reception as I always have."

"Aragorn, I am afraid the master of protocol will not agree with that for this birthday."

“I will be a century old. Why is that important?”

“It is a rather magnificent landmark-”

“Yet not uncommon among my kindred, and you do not see such celebrations when they reach this age.”

“You are, nonetheless, the king of a rather large kingdom.”

“Yes, but that is no reason to make my one hundredth year stand out so greatly!”

Arwen broke into the conversation with a small chuckle as she handed the document back to the steward. "I do believe the master of protocol has been talking with my brothers. This is rather impressive."

Aragorn groaned. "Valar rue the day the three of them come together to plan an event!"

"I only regret that I have never seen one of their celebrations," said Legolas. "I will be happy to see this event come into fruition."

"I shan't! Even the cake-"

"The cake sounds like something Elladan would plan; I recall something of the same when I reached my first yén," Arwen smiled at the memory. "Whether the master of protocol is dealing with my brothers or not does not matter; it still sounds like a wonderful celebration."

"Even if you think it is too frivolous," Legolas added, "your children are bound to enjoy it."

Aragorn glanced at the three around him and shook his head in defeat. "Very well then. Tell him that I approve of his measures, since you three obviously do."

"Excellent," said Faramir with a smile. "I shall be sure to tell him in the morning."

Arwen suddenly stood. "If you will excuse us, Legolas and I need to see to- to something." Before Aragorn could get over the suddenness of her actions, the two elves were already out of the room.

Once they were out of earshot Arwen and Legolas took one look at each other and burst out laughing.

"My apologies, Legolas, but I could not contain myself any further. Estel's arguments were beyond amusing."

"I cannot believe that you hinted so boldly at Elladan's and Elrohir's involvement with this!"

Arwen could not help but smirk. "I am sure he will learn sooner or later, but I could not help myself. Estel's expression was priceless."

Legolas nodded. "Will he learn that you are the one that first suggested it, I wonder?"

"I would imagine so, yes."

The other elf chuckled at the mischievous look upon her face. "Nonetheless, I will say what I said in there: I am looking forward to a celebration planned by your brothers."

"It will surely be an event that will be remembered for many years to come."





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List