Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Tales of Life  by Aelaer

Prompt 53: Buildings
Fic: It is Large
Rating: G
Minas Tirith, 2966 TA

When Thorongil saw the White City of Gondor for the first time, he imagined that some inspiring song would immediately burst forth from his soul. He had many thoughts about the sun glistening upon the Tower of Ecthelion and the snow-capped mountains bordering the fair city. He could not help but admire the pinnacle of the forces of good on the borders of the Black Land.

Therefore, when he was asked what he thought about Minas Tirith, he idly wondered when his mouth had disconnected from his brain, for rather than wondrous praise for the city the first thing that came out of his mouth was, "It is large."

Of all the thick-headed things to say! Thankfully his guide seemed the patient sort and did not reprimand him for his ridiculous comment, so Thorongil was left to wonder at his own stupidity as they ascended the seven levels. Now that he had said it, though, he did notice that all of the surrounding buildings were towering over him in a way that the streets of Edoras never did. The white stone was older and had seen more things than the capital of Rohan could ever claim. These buildings had weathered through years of strife and had blossomed through days of peace. They, unlike the young Edoras, had many more stories to share.

When Thorongil finally came to the seventh level, he could not help but wonder at the majesty of the Citadel. The Tower of Ecthelion rose high above the final level of the city, and the man could only begin to imagine what things it has seen throughout its long years of silent watch.

Such thoughts soon had to be left behind, however, for his guide was now leading him to the steward of the realm and he had to be at full awareness if he wished to be accepted into the service of Gondor.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List