Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Dreamflower's Dribs and Drabs  by Dreamflower

B2MeM Challenge: March 20, 2013
Format: Fixed-length-ficlet (111 words)
Genre: Gapfiller
Rating: G
Warnings:
Character(s): Lotho Sackville-Baggins
Author's Note: This was to have been a drabble, but when I finished it, I found the word count to be so fortuitous that I decided to leave it as it was and make it an FLF: 111 words for Bilbo's eleventy-first birthday.
Summary: Lotho's thoughts as he leaves The Party…
Quote: Third Age: "There was a specially large pavilion, so big that the tree that grew in the field was right inside it, and stood proudly near one end, at the head of the chief table. Lanterns were hung on all its branches. More promising still (to the hobbits' mind): an enormous open-air kitchen was erected in the north corner of the field." (Fellowship of the Ring, "An Unexpected Party")
Theme: Pride

Setting Goals

Lotho glared venomously at the field behind him at the festive party-goers singing and dancing and feasting and drinking, heedless of the fact that his dreams and those of his family had just been ruthlessly crushed and all that should have been theirs given over to an interloper from the wrong side of the River.

His parents had already reached their carriage, but Lotho had attended separately. He found his pony by the picket that had been provided for those party-goers who had ridden to the party.

Pride reared its head. He would not accept this defeat. One of these days he'd turn this spot into the site of his victory.

 




<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List