Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Dear Diary  by Lily Dragonquill

24. Astron 1369



Dear Diary,

I have been a mother for seven months now and I finally know what it means to be one. I had to give up a lot of things, including solitude and time with Drogo. I must always answer my child's needs first; comfort him when he is distressed, keep him warm when he is cold, play with him when he is bored and love him because he needs and deserves to be loved.

They are small sacrifices considering what I get in return. Frodo is fulfilling me. Through him, I am able to discover the world anew every day, to see things I would never recognise if not for him. He is filling me with joy and love and gives my life so much meaning. And Drogo's also. Our relationship is even closer now that we have Frodo to care for. There is nothing that could make me happier than waking up in the morning, lying in Drogo's arms feeling his breath in my neck and seeing Frodo contently sleeping beside me in our bed.

I once wrote about the bond between a mother and her child, but now I finally understand what it is. My mother tried to explain it to me, but words will never be able to describe what that bond really is and what it means. It is understanding your child, feeling that you will always look after him and knowing that he knows you will always be there for him. That is what the bond between mother and child is and yet it is beyond even that. During my pregnancy, I thought I could not bear to lose my child. Now I know it would kill me if Frodo were taken from me. I would not part from my dearest child for all treasures on this earth no matter what troubles and joys he causes me. Drogo is my soul, but Frodo is my heart. He is the one who makes me and my little family complete.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List