Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Drabbles  by Lily Dragonquill

Title: Fireworks
Rating: G

Special Thanks to shirebound for beta reading.




~*~*~



The alarm of the dragon's appearance vanished and Frodo felt his own heartbeat calm as well. Yet his eyes, brimmed with tears, remained fixed on the night sky. He could still see the sparkles, the light. Shimmering trees, glittering birds and butterflies, a world of a billion stars and more. Their sight had etched itself into his heart. Frodo could still feel their enchantment and perceive their awesome beauty. Gandalf had made a childhood wish come true, and for that he would be forever grateful to the old wizard.

"Frodo-lad, are you coming?"

Bilbo woke him from his trance and Frodo grabbed the two mugs he had been filling. Rushing to the table, he handed one mug to his uncle before raising his own.

"Remember tonight, Bilbo!" he cheered as he sat, his eyes mirroring the spectacle they had just witnessed. Yet they clouded as he took a careful sip, and a pained expression crept across his features. His hand reached out to touch the wrinkled one. Questioningly the dear face turned to him, but Frodo erased the worry he saw there with a heart-warming smile… although fleeting sadness, that would not yet linger, sank into his heart.

Remember me.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List