Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Drabbles  by Lily Dragonquill


Title: A Joyful Noise
Rating: G

Special thanks to shirebound for beta reading!


~*~*~



Frodo groaned as Pippin intoned yet another one of Bilbo's songs. The young Took didn't have a bad singing voice, but after at least ten songs he had had enough -- and his cousin showed no signs of stopping anytime soon.

"Pippin!" Frodo scolded and a cushion flew across the room, missing the younger hobbit by inches. The song was interrupted by giggles before it continued even louder.

Pulling the blanket over his head, Frodo tried to block out the noise that disturbed the silence within the Last Homely House and only peeked out when he heard Merry's voice next to the bed.

"Allow him to show his happiness," his cousin said quietly. "He's been worried for too long."

"If you bring him just a bit closer, he will worry no more," Frodo whispered conspiratorially making throttling movements.

"You'd miss him," Merry told him with a smile, but eyed the singing Took as if considering Frodo's suggestion.

"Certainly not!" Frodo declared matter-of-factly. "I'd savour the silence and the extra pieces of cake which will be left over with one hobbit less."

"Cake?" The singing stopped abruptly, and a pair of green eyes met the cousins -- who burst into laughter.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List