Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

The Forest Has Eyes  by Budgielover

Author’s Note:  This story was written for Firnsarnien, who’s faithful and expressive reviews I cherish.  I gave her the choice of a humorous story or angst - of course, she chose angst, which is more work...  :)  This is my way of thanking her for the thought and effort she puts into her reviews, and also partially reimburse her for the medical ailments she accuses me of causing.  [I’ve lost count now, Firnsarnien … heart attacks, strokes, nervous twitches, numb extremities, hair loss, ragged fingernails…]  Primarily a “hobbit-writer,” I promised her a story about her beloved Elf.  My thanks to Shirebound for one of the plot lines; she mentioned she would like to see some of the elven ability to talk to trees.  This story takes place after “The Ruin of Men and Elves,” further on the road to Hollin but before “Some Nameless Place.”  The title refers to a beautiful and unsettling lithograph by camouflage artist Bev Doolittle, http://bevdoolittle.artifactsgallery.com/art.asp?!=W&ID=12810   Warning:  PG-13 for violence and nastiness in later chapters. 

Disclaimer: The Lord of the Rings and all its characters and settings are the property of the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien. These works were produced with admiration and respect, as fan fiction for entertainment purposes only, not for sale or profit.  This story and all my others may be found on my website, http://budgielover.com.  My thanks to my dear Marigold for the beta.





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List